Once again, we’re cooking for an audience in 2020. If you want to follow along, or weren’t able to attend, the recipes used are here.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Bacon slices, cut in half
- Pitted dates
- Feta cheese crumbles (optional)
Fill dates with feta (optional), wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon, secure with toothpicks. Bake at 350F until bacon edges start to brown.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on SAUTE mode. Add oil and heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, oregano, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and chicken stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Turn knob to sealing. Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button. Set the cook time for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- When cook time is complete, carefully perform a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot. Shred cooked chicken and return back into the pot.
- Stir in cream, cream cheese, and cheddar. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE mode to heat up the soup while stirring until cream and cheese are melted and the soup is smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- 2/3 cups uncooked rice
- 1/3 cup orzo (or spaghetti broken into 1/2″ pieces)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/4 cup water
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 12-inch skillet.
- Add dry ingredients, and saute while stirring until pasta starts to turn golden brown.
- Add 2 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. melted butter, plus more for brushing
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 1 (8-oz.) tube refrigerated Crescent rolls
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a large pinch of salt until smooth and fluffy.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent rolls in one piece. Pinch seams together and fold in half. Roll into a 9″-x-7″ rectangle. Spread butter mixture over dough, leaving 1/4-inch border. Starting at a long edge, roll up dough like a jelly roll, then cut crosswise into 6 pieces.
- Arrange pieces in prepared air fryer, cut-side up, spaced evenly. Set air fryer (or oven) to 350°, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk, then gradually mix in the confectioners’ sugar and salt until smooth and fluffy.